Now that I’ve updated the server to Minecraft 1.2, there’s some things you should know. This is my modified changelog for the server.
- Height limit of 256 instead of 128
- New mob AI — pathfinding, among other things like zombies banging on doors
- Rare drops for mobs (skeleton, zombie, and zombie pigman)
- New items and blocks
- Villages improved
- Jungle biome added
- Ocelots, which can be tamed into cats, which scare off creepers
- Bone mealing 2×2 jungle tree saplings can create a giant jungle tree
- Vines can now be climbed
- Other notes:
- F3 debug screen notable additions — b: Biome, bl: Block brightness
- Crafting ladders gives you 3 instead of 2, and crafting slabs gives you 6 instead of 3.
- Tamed wolves can now be bred (puppies)
- Some odd lighting glitches are normal in 1.2.3
- Ladders are reverted to their previous collision boxes
- Glass can no longer be picked up with Silk Touch. (should we change this?)
- Doors have been updated so that double-doors work better with redstone, but current doors may need to be re placed.
- You can hit mobs in the legs in mob grinders now, like in singleplayer
- The world border will be expanded on Gamma soon
- Some plugin changes:
- The player list tab has colors again
- Hunger is back on
- Nether and End portals will not work until Multiverse-NetherPortals is updated
- Water no longer updates when you remove a sponge (bug or unintentional side effect?)
- OtherDrops should be fully compatible now. (sponge splitting and infinite cauldrons)
- See the plugin page for a full list of updated versions
I’ll end with my favorite Minecraft 1.2 overview video from Generikb.
Have fun, guys! 🙂
Height limit of 256 instead of 128