This is now the longest period between the release of a Minecraft version and the first build of Craftbukkit to support it. Over 500,000 lines of code changes in 1.7 has made it exceedingly difficult for the Bukkit team to sort it all out. They don’t even have something that compiles yet. It’s not just the Bukkit team. As of now there is only one mod released for 1.7.2. Countless more are waiting for MCP. The rush to release 1.7 before Minecon certainly didn’t help matters. The Bukkit team warns that even when they get the first build out, they expect problems due to issues in Minecraft 1.7.2. But anticipation for 1.7 hasn’t stopped us from making stuff.
Notable Server Updates
While this list will naturally include more projects in which I’m involved, I’m going to attempt to summarize some notable updates across the whole server. Specifically these are some things that I think you should be aware of.
– Added support for “all” to the “/ignore” command.
– Added warp markers on the live map, automatically maintained by the warp commands.
– Updated YARR and PVP script. Compass will now target a dropped captain hat’s last known location. Fixed a few bugs.
– Updated FrogWare. Added a warp. Added a customizable goal (eg. “/frogware start 25”). Improved diversity and balance.
Game Plans for the Future
Yarr was a success. We found people really enjoyed the classes to pick from, so making more class-based games is going to be a higher priority for future PVP arenas. Here’s just a few of the games we have in the works:
– FFA class-based game with multiple arenas made by Froggerooh
– Add more classes to Yarr and improve the existing ones
– A few hunter type games with some variations, perhaps now with more classes
– More FrogWare stuff… always more FrogWare stuff. If MC had a kitchen sink, I’d add it.
– A SkyPirates variation by Raymond_II
– An AntFarm variation I’ve been planning on building
– What may be a Yarr variation by rivergod
– Multi-arena support for single game types
– Shared-arena support for two game types in the same space
– More spleef options, particularly modifier pickups like speed boosts
– Better timers for obstacle courses with more statistics
– A bigger and better Cluck
– “And more” is understating it
I’ve been too slow about supporting budding builders, and I think that needs to change. So I’m going to commit here right now to a future system that will enable everyone to get a space where they can build stuff for FrogPark too. This won’t be a free build plot system. While our main worlds offer a lot of freedom to build whatever you want, dev is not a traditional creative world. We may sometimes use it as a collaborative sketchpad for survival structures (like the new world’s thoroughfare), but we mainly use it for FrogPark creations.
Be sure to subscribe to this RSS if you want to stay up to date on what’s going on with the server. The vote here for the new 1.7 world name is still underway, submissions for the new 1.7 server icon are still being accepted, and soon I’ll post a list of ways you can participate more in the server.