While 1.3.1 will be officially released tomorrow, the server will not be using it yet. There currently doesn’t exist a craftbukkit build that supports 1.3 (not even a development build). That means it’ll be probably a few days before we can transition to the new version of Minecraft on the server. That also means that when it asks you SHOULD NOT update your Minecraft before then, unless you know what you’re doing and can switch back and forth. Otherwise, you won’t be able to play on the FinalScore server until we update as well.
UPDATE (Aug 4)
People are testing early builds of craftbukkit now. There’s still some major stability issues, but fortunately it hasn’t stopped many plugin developers from updating their plugins. Unfortunately it would only take one critical plugin to be broken for it to delay us from updating the server to 1.3.1. I’m specifically waiting for an R1 release for craftbukkit. (that’s a ‘recommended build’, though the first one is always beta) After that I’ll begin testing and preparing the server.
UPDATE (Aug 6)
I did my first pass of testing and after updating 17 of 35 plugins everything seems to be starting up correctly. I have yet to test critical features, but craftbukkit is still working on resolving some major performance issues.
UPDATE (Aug 7)
We’re getting really close now. R1.0 was released. I was tempted to rush through and test the last bits so that I could try updating right now, but the login servers were down so I couldn’t test and there’s still a couple things that I hope get done. So I’ll be aiming for late tuesday night if all goes smoothly. Keep in mind that things will still be buggy and lower performing, just hopefully nothing important. I’ll do my best to work around issues as they present themselves, as I did with previous updates.