[NOTE: This poll is over. I’ll be posting more later. Thanks to the 18 people who participated. I’m getting some useful information.]
I’m going to add some polls occasionally here (instead of the forums) to get some opinions on various server decisions. Your votes help, but don’t feel you have to answer every one of them. Some of these polls require some extra information. I’ll do my best to provide that, but I may miss some things.
iConomy is a currency plugin for Minecraft/Bukkit that a few people have asked for. It’s the most widely used of the currency plugins and can be used however we like with the help of other plugins that tap into it. I’ve recently given a lot of thought about how the economy on our world should work. Ideally I’d like the market to be built first at Final City, but I wanted to get people’s opinions first.
Should we install iConomy?
- Yes. (78%, 14 Votes)
- No. (22%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 18
To go with iConomy, a recommended plugin is ChestShop. The advantage of this kind of shop is that (like Lockette/Deadbolt) it uses signs and chests for storage and operations instead of databases. The sign layout can be a bit confusing at first, but it’s something people can get used to. There are other plugins that look prettier, though. This one is the best functionally, I think. Alternatives include BetterShop, DuckShop, and the fancy ShowCase shop.
Should we install iConomyChestShop?
- Yes. (69%, 11 Votes)
- No, we shouldn't use iConomy. (25%, 4 Votes)
- Use a different shop plugin. (6%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 16
Another thing I’ve been thinking about lately is ways for people to get information — eg. what commands are available, how to setup stargates. We can continue to build up the site for a reference, but we can also put things in-world for people to learn from, like block annotations, signs, and a built-out /help command.
What ways would you personally prefer to learn or get information?
- Website guides (39%, 11 Votes)
- Website news (18%, 5 Votes)
- Website wiki (14%, 4 Votes)
- In-game /help commands (11%, 3 Votes)
- Website references (11%, 3 Votes)
- In-game signs (4%, 1 Votes)
- In-game books (4%, 1 Votes)
- In-game annotations on any block (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 18
Lastly for today, I’m curious about what people think of the current difficulty of the different worlds. We can set them each independently, so we could have the nether harder or maybe specific overworlds. Right now everything is on easy. See what the difference is here.
Should we increase the difficulty on one or more of our worlds from easy?
- No, keep them all on easy (37%, 7 Votes)
- Yes, we should make the overworlds different difficulties (21%, 4 Votes)
- Yes, we should make all the worlds on normal difficulty (21%, 4 Votes)
- Maybe. (16%, 3 Votes)
- Yes, but only for the nethers (5%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 19
Polls too limiting for your answers? Please comment!